With so many options for childcare, deciding what works best for your family is an important decision you will make as parents. For some families, childcare may look like an after-school program, a daycare program, a relative who can pitch in, or a private childcare professional, such as a nanny. While all of these options have pros and cons if your family is able to, hiring a nanny in particular is a great way to provide your children with high-quality and individualized care. Here are the top 5 reasons to hire a nanny according to each member of the Nanny Authority team!
Our team says, “Choosing to work with a nanny is a great way to ensure you are able to carve out time for each child individually. It’s great to know you have a responsible and reliable set of hands to divide and conquer with you. For little ones, there is nothing better than spending quality time with a parent and having their undivided attention. Sharing a parent can be hard for toddlers with a new sibling and having a nanny helps ensure everyone gets the attention they deserve and need to fill their emotional cup.
The top five reasons for hiring a nanny are:
- As mentioned, getting to spend quality 1 on 1 time with your children and getting to give them your undivided attention while knowing your other children are safe and well cared for.
- If you and your partner are both busy working professionals and your children are too young to look after themselves during the work/school day.
- You have unpredictable and odd working schedules and you need more flexibility than a preschool, daycare, or school and after-school setting can offer.
- You’re a new parent and eager to have someone who can help with child-rearing and has experience with early childhood milestones such as toilet training, introducing a new sibling to a child, nutrition, and more!
- Having a trusted adult who is a steady presence in your child’s life, can help your child feel a secure emotional attachment to their parents knowing there is a trusted and reliable adult there to care for them each day when parents may be unavailable.
When you make the decision to hire a nanny, you are making the choice to add someone into the fabric of your daily life so it is vital you and your new nanny both feel it is the right fit! Having a nanny is all about teamwork and communication for a long-lasting working relationship.
Five more reasons to hire a nanny are:
- Hiring a nanny who has a specific skill set or expertise, can enrich your children’s lives immensely. Working with a professional who is specifically creative in the arts, has a background in sports and coaching, or speaks a second language can add a valuable dimension and versatility to your children’s childcare.
- Aside from having time to focus on your career, hiring a professional nanny can give you the flexibility to focus on other responsibilities you may have in your personal life.
- Many nannies are trained in specialized care or have continued education to provide high-quality care to children. Someone with a background in education can be particularly helpful when working with children who need additional homework help, understanding schoolwork, and preparing for college.
- You have someone who can help with the household tasks you need completed aside from caring for children like light housekeeping, running errands, and letting Fido out for a walk!
** All agreed upon beforehand, of course
- You are adding someone new into your children’s lives and showing them a new perspective on the world.
Ultimately, there are loads of, “top reasons,” to hire a nanny! Some families may be drawn to working with career nannies who have years of experience working with families. For others, their top reasons may be limiting their newborn’s exposure to common viruses. You may be most interested in working with someone who can handle an after-school and evening schedule, giving you the chance to comfortably and confidentially attend events knowing your children are safe and cared for. Whatever your reasons for seeking a nanny, we are happy to help! Review your family’s needs with a counselor at The Nanny Authority and find your new nanny today! Email us at email@example.com or call us at (973)-466-2669 to get started.