- Possess a genuinely warm, caring and nurturing attitude towards children
- High School graduate a must- preferably college degree or some college
- Minimum one-year commitment/relocation frequently required
- Child care experience, either as a nanny, babysitter, daycare worker, teacher, etc.
- Verifiable childcare, business, personal, and educational references
- Driver’s License with good driving record
- Non smoker
- U.S. Citizen, proof of permanent residency or valid work authorization
To get started, see our online jobs and complete our free nanny application or feel free to call us on our Toll Free number 1-877-46-NANNY. We will respond to your application upon receipt. We look forward to hearing from you! Here at The Nanny Authority our goal is simple: To unite qualified and dedicated nannies with upscale and respectable families.
Nanny’s primary responsibility is childcare. Daily tasks typically include:
Arranging Playdates, Reading, Bathing, Children’s Laundry, Indoor Play, Feeding, Help with Homework, Outdoor Play, Dressing, Outings, Activites, Crafts Carpooling, Entertainment, Organizing bedrooms/toys, Maintaining Logs
Light housekeeping chores can include:
- Laundry for children
- Keeping children’s room organized, beds made
- Shopping and errands
- Emptying garbage
- Loading and unloading dishwasher
- Keep kitchen clean after meal preparation
- Tidying up after children, put toys away
- Keeping own bedroom/bathroom clean
All responsibilities should be mutually agreed upon before a nanny commences employment.
Minimum One Year Commitment
Nannies must commit to a minimum of one year. The Nanny Authority’s Staff will make a “welcome” call to each nanny and family within the first week of the nanny’s arrival.
Open communication is a key factor in the success of each placement. Our detailed Terms of Employment agreement outlines all duties, responsibilities and expectations, and has proven to be a large part of our high success rate.
Our experienced career advisors offer support and guidance to all of our nannies and are always willing to assist them in confidence, regarding any areas of concern they may have. Our goal is to foster the most successful nanny/family relationships.
Being a nanny is a rewarding, satisfying, demanding and important job. Helping children grow and develop self-esteem, knowledge and independence requires motivation, flexibility, ingenuity and teamwork. There isn’t a more gratifying career!