- High School Diploma, preferably a college degree or some college
- Minimum one-year commitment (willingness to relocate a plus!)
- 3+ years of in-home childcare experience, or some in-home experience combined with other experience (daycare worker, teacher, etc.)
- Verifiable references (childcare, business, personal, educational)
- Driver’s License with good driving record (if job requires driving)
- Valid U.S. work authorization
To get started, see our online jobs and complete our free nanny application or feel free to call us at (973) 466-2669. We will respond to your application within 2-3 days of receipt. We look forward to hearing from you! At the Nanny Authority our goal is simple: To unite qualified and dedicated nannies with wonderful families.
Nanny’s primary responsibility is childcare. Daily tasks typically include:
Arranging play dates, reading, bathing, children’s laundry, indoor and outdoor play, feeding, homework help, dressing, outings, activities, crafts, carpooling, entertainment, organizing bedrooms/toys, maintaining daily logs for parents
Light housekeeping chores can include:
- Laundry for children
- Keeping children’s room organized, beds made
- Shopping and errands
- Emptying garbage
- Loading and unloading dishwasher
- Keep kitchen clean after meal preparation
- Tidying up after children, put toys away
- Keeping own bedroom/bathroom clean
All responsibilities should be mutually agreed upon before a nanny commences employment.
Minimum One Year Commitment
Nannies must commit to a minimum of one year.
Open communication is a key factor in the success of each placement. Our detailed Terms of Employment agreement outlines all duties, responsibilities and expectations, and has proven to be a large part of our high success rate.
Our experienced career advisers offer support and guidance to all of our nannies and are always willing to assist them in confidence, regarding any areas of concern they may have. Our goal is to foster the most successful nanny/family relationships.
Being a nanny is a rewarding, satisfying, demanding and important job. Helping children grow and develop self-esteem, knowledge, and independence requires motivation, flexibility, ingenuity and teamwork. There isn’t a more gratifying career!