Job Positions & Services for Families
A live in nanny resides in the home and provides care for one or more children on a full-time basis. On the surface, it can appear that a live in nanny has more responsibilities than a live out nanny; however, because a live in nanny does not need to commute to perform their duties, greater flexibility and easier transitions between work and play may be possible.
The Benefits of Live In Nanny Job Positions
Typically, with a live in nanny job position accommodations are provided so live in nannies have limited living expenses. This can also benefit families, as they may be able to house a nanny with little affect to their overall living budget. There are many other perks to being a live in nanny. Depending upon the family, some extra perks include:
- Use of a car
- Membership to a health club
- Weekend trips
- Plane tickets for vacation or return trips to the live in nanny’s home town.
Live In Nanny Expectations and Responsibilities
Live in nannies typically work five days a week and have two days off. They are provided with a private bedroom. Most live in nannies also have a private bathroom — Many families provide their live in nanny with a nanny suite which comes with a separate kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and living area.
Live in nannies generally:
- Get children ready in the morning and take them to school — either by dropping them off at the bus stop or driving them
- Take children to extracurricular activities
- Provide meals to children while actively on duty
- Help children with homework
- Assist children with bathing and maintaining healthy hygienic habits
- Organize and maintain children’s bedrooms, closets and toys
- Do children’s laundry and maintain their wardrobe
- Potentially provide light housekeeping services, grocery shopping, etc.
There many advantages to being a live in nanny — no commuting, job security, a feeling of family, steady pay, comfortable living arrangements and an easier adjustment to children and their families.
Finding a Live In Nanny for Hire or Available Job Positions
If you’re looking to hire a live in nanny or are trying to find a live in nanny job position, it can be very helpful to go through a live in nanny agency. Here at Nanny Authority, we have a wealth of experience bringing together warm, dedicated, qualified candidates and welcoming, respectful and generous suitable families. Both nannies and families are thoroughly screened assuring a positive experience and successful relationship for all parties. To find out what we can do for you, contact us online or call us at 877-466-2669.